EHS Respiratory Protection Program
The Environmental Health & Safety department (EHS) provides a respiratory protection program to train employees to protect themselves from potential respiratory hazards. OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, requires UNM to create and maintain an individualized, written respiratory program if their employees use respirators. These requirements are spelled out in 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.134. Click here to review the EHS Respiratory Protection Program.
For questions, please email Kolt H. Vaughn.
Announcements (last updated 1/31/22)
To whom does this webpage apply?
This page is for employees and students that must wear an N95 respirator as part of their official duties.
This page is NOT for information on the voluntary use of N95 respirators or respirator-like masks on campus. Click here to learn more about the voluntary use of those masks and related requirements.
Updates (last updated 1/31/22)
There are no drop-in hours available for fit tests. All appointments must be made through Learning Central. Course name:
- Respirator Fit Test & Training (2022): COURSE EHS Respirator
How to Register for a Fit Test:
EHS currently offers N95 fit test courses on the following days/times:
- 1:00 PM, 1:45 PM, and 2:30 PM
- 9:00 AM, 9:45 AM, and 10:30 AM
Registering through Learning Central:
You must use the following steps to register for N95 fit test courses:
- Go to https://learningcentral.unm.edu
- Sign in using one of the two links
- For UNM, please click on the link that says "UNM NET ID LOGIN"
- For HSC, please click on the link that says "HSC NET ID LOGIN"
- This will take you to the UNM Authentication page, sign in with your NetID and Password
- A page may come up that says either Accept or Deny; this means that it is using your NetID to pull up the classes for which you need to register. Click "Accept".
- On the Learning page, the upper left will have a "Search for Training" box. Type in "EHS Respirator".
- Click on the course (i.e., "Respirator Fit Test & Training: COURSE EHS Respirator") and then click "Assign to Me".
- Click on "Register Now" (clicking on Start Course will show a blank page).
How to Locate a Fit Test Certificate on Learning Central:
- After logging in, there should be a "Learning History" box on the right-hand side with the most recent set of things you've completed.
- Click the item.
- Then, it should show attachments (e.g., the report) at the bottom.
- Alternatively, click on "view all learning history."
- Find the course.
- Click the course name.
- Click "view details." That's where you'll find the certificate.