The Department of Environmental Health and Safety provides training on a variety of safety-related topics, which can be accessed through Learning Central. We will also develop safety training programs that will meet the individual needs of your department or your work environment in an effort to reduce accidents and meet regulatory requirements. As we update training, this list will also change and update.
Upcoming Online Training:
- Basics of RMM (30 minutes)
- First Thursday of every month from 2:00 - 2:30 pm
- Zoom Meeting ID 969 8840 3505
- passcode 012109
- Research Material Management (RMM) is the web-based chemical inventory program used by UNM and many other universities and industries
- Chemical Waste Management (30 minutes)
- First Thursday of every month from 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- This course is required for everyone who works in a lab/studio/shop/maker space where chemical waste is generated.
- Zoom Meeting ID 991 4811 0543
- passcode 992111
- Laser Safety Training
- Available for any lab using a Class 3B or Class 4 laser
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time!
- Laboratory Training
- Available for any lab, makers space, or creative area on campus
- Current offerings include any of the Joint Training topics or Sharps Safety, Formaldehyde Safety, or Compressed Gas Safety.
- Email EHSWEB-L@list.unm.edu for scheduling and let us know which training you are interested in!
Joint Training between Engineering Student Services & EHS:
- Hazard Communication & Evaluation
- Hierarchy of Controls & Basics of PPE
- Chemical Waste Management: