Announcements + Updates
Update on 10/7/21:
- No drop-in hours. All appointments must be made through Learning Central (Respirator Fit Test & Training: COURSE EHS Respirator).
- The masks we have for Fit Testing: 3M 1860/1860s, 3M 8210, and the Halyard 46827 & 46727. Please confirm with your Supervisor what mask they will be providing for you in the future, prior to coming in for Fit Testing.
The Department of Environmental Health and Safety provides training on a variety of safety-related topics. We will also develop classroom safety training programs that will meet the individual needs of your department or your work environment in an effort to reduce accidents and meet regulatory requirements.
- A hard copy of your Medical Clearance Form stating that you are “Fit to Wear Respirator” is required; electronic copies are not accepted. Contact EOHS or SHAC.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Males must be clean-shaven.
- Long hair must be tied back
- No late arrivals accepted. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will have to reschedule.
Register for Fit Testing
Currently, we have the following times available:
- Mondays 1:00 PM, 1:45 PM, and 2:30 PM
- Thursdays 9:00 AM, 9:45 AM, and 10:30 AM
1) Go to https://learningcentral.unm.edu
2) Sign in using one of the two links
- For UNM, please click on the link that says UNM NET ID LOGIN
- For HSC, please click on the link that says HSC NET ID LOGIN
3) This will take you to the UNM Authentication page, sign in with your NetID and Password
4) A page will come up that says either accept or deny; this means that it is using your NetID to pull up the classes you need to register for. Click Accept.
5) On the Learning page, the upper left will have a "search for training" box. Type in EHS Respirator.
6) Click on the training (Respirator Fit Test & Training: COURSE EHS Respirator) and click "Assign to Me".
7) Click on Register Now (clicking on Start Course will show a blank page).
Please email Joe Hazelton if you are unable to do the above.
Office of Clinical Affairs:
You can return your re-credentialing packet with the date that you intend to attend training and fit test. After the training and fit test you can then submit paperwork to the Office of Clinical Affairs.
All individuals who wish to be fit must bring a medical clearance form.
Location: EHS Training Room
UNM Environmental Health and Safety
1801 Tucker St. NE, Bldg 233 Map
Phone: (505) 277-2753